Wednesday, September 29, 2004

Man, The Amish Can Cook!

Went on a day trip to Shipshewana, Indiana with my mom, sister Laura, Aunt Pat and Sandy and cousins Mary, Kim (her new baby Michael), Holly (her new baby Maggie) and Chris. What an adventure! I have some great photos and can't wait to share it with you when I get home. The town is an Amish area that has lots of great stores and restaurants that is very popular and well known. We ate at the Blue Gate Restaurant and had a split biscuit, mashed potatoes, chicken and gravy..mmmm!!! On the table was homemade bread, peanut butter (has marshmallow cream mixed in) and apple butter. Oh boy! What a carb coma I was slipping into. We shopped at an Amish general store. What wonderful things for cheap! Saw pumpkin patches! It was a beautiful day, in the 60's and sunny. I have to say I am enjoying myself. Although I do miss my hubby since he left yesterday and my hair misses the humidity because it won't sit down nice. But spending time with my extended family this vacation has been such a treat. I really see how lucky I am to have such a great family. It's too bad I don't get to see them more often. Off I go. There's more fun to be had.

No comments: