Wednesday, September 22, 2004

Happy Fall ~ Mostly

Today's the first day of Fall. I have always loved this time of the year. The decorations (we don't get the leaves so we'll take decorations instead), the weather cooling just a tad, the brighter blue skies and Halloween. I do now associate those lovely colors with death though. Since at my brother's funeral the colors of flowers were of the fall. So those beautiful oranges, reds and golds are just not as lovely.

He died almost two years ago, it will be two years on Friday. It's a little different this time. There's still a lot of pain, but it's different. Deeper rather that sharp. I look at photos of Paul and it seems like it was a really long time ago that he left us. But really it wasn't. Two years is a blip in the time continum.

So I will welcome Fall by remembering the awesome brother I was lucky enough to be given for a time, to revel in those moments.

No comments: