Tuesday, September 21, 2004

A Touch of Fall for Florida

From hurricanes to comfy weather. What a change a week makes! I walked outside yesterday morning to get into my car to go to work and it was comfortable. The humidity was down and there was a pleasant breeze. I actually drove part of the way to work with the windows down sans the air conditioner. I guess hurricane Ivan took the humidity with him. And how ironic, we have gotten some rain today and yesterday, the weather folk here say it is a chunk that broke off of Ivan.

We are getting very excited about our upcoming trip up north. But I have lots to do before then. Lots of work. But Friday late morning we are leaving on a jet plane to northern Indiana and Ohio.

This is also the week, gulp, that I turn, gulp, 30. I can't believe I actually typed that out. I haven't come to grips with that yet. But I guess I better get used to it. Had the first celebration on Sunday at my parents. Had a great dinner. And cake of course. Get this cake. It was a layer of chocolate cake on the top and bottom and cheese cake, in the middle! Frosted with chocolate frosting. Oh boy! What a cake! Whoever thought up that combo, pure genius!

Well, off to do more work. Only three working days left to get a week and days work finished. Chat with you soon.

No comments: