Monday, April 26, 2004

It Sucks You In!

Last night I was watching Iron Chef America on Food Network. It is a takeoff of the original Iron Chef out of Japan. If you have never seen Iron Chef this is how it works....Two high-profile chefs battle it out on camera in a set called Kitchen Stadium. They have to make the best dishes they can from a special ingredient that is shown to them at right before the competition. Whoever impresses the judges who taste the food at the end wins. It's really funny, it sucks you in.

Now Food Network is doing an American version. They have three Iron Chefs (all men of course) - Bobby Flay, Wolfgang Puck and Mario Batali and it is hosted by food scientist Alton Brown from Good Eats (I love him by the way...I actually learn stuff from him.)

Well these Iron Chefs are battling Japanese chefs. I started watching the end of the tag-team event last night at about 10:30, watched a re-airing of the intro show and then was sucked into the Flay/Sakai battle with trout which ended at 1 a.m. I just couldn't stop watching! So corny, yet you can't look away. I love it! They will be reshowing the other battles later so I will have to watch.

IRON CHEF!



No comments: