Friday, January 09, 2004

Books

Added the two new books I am reading now.

First is Maeve Binchey's Quintin's. She is a favorite author of mine. (From Amazon, "She is concidered the Queen of Irish romance writing." She writes stories set in Dublin ... set around the same town and road (Tara Road - which is another book) and concentrates on different people/families and their lives. Her writing flows so nice. And it's fun because it a little more formal the people and their lives. This book is set around Quintins, thus the title, the formal restaurant in town and how it fits into the life of aspiring documentary maker Ella Bradley. That's about as much as I have gleemed from it so far. While it is a romance novel...it's not in the usual sense..naked bodies having sex everywhere like some and completely rich ladies of leisure as in others. I'll let you know.

Also, on the side and a little at a time I am reading Raddi Harold Kushner's The Lord is My Shepherd: Healing Wisdom of the Twenty-third Psalm. It is a study of one of the most famous passages in the bibile:

"The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want.
He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters.
He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.
Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.
Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.
Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever."


So far this is an incredible book. His writing is wonderful and he is very insiteful. I am taking all the time in the world with this one.

No comments: