Friday, February 27, 2004

Life's Twist and Turns and Other Things

I know I am a dreamer. I have always dreamed where my life would take me. And certain things I had believed would happen by a certain time would have to be. It seems like my dreams are just that and only that dreams. And it is hard to hear people tell you that life is hard and it doesn't turn out the way you want most of the time. It's hard to effectively put your dreams to bed, especially by the person you never thought would do it.

But I digress...

Been really busy this week. Lots of work at work and stuff after words.

Lent started with Ash Wednesday. It's the 40 days before Easter that many Christians, and as a Catholic Christian we honor. It is a time for retrospection of your life, and seeing if your spiritual life is in tune or needs a tune up. It's a time for reflection, prayer, fasting and improvement. I am starting a Bible study as part of my Lenten journey. (It's not all about giving up believe it or not, but adding.) We are discussing the last book of the Bible, the Book of revelation and the Book of Daniel, both are apocalyptic books, meaning:

"From a Greek word meaning "to reveal" or "to unveil." It refers to a type of literature that flourished in Judaism and early Christianity from roughly 200 B.C. to 200 A.D. This was a time of great persecution of the Jews and Christians.

This type of literature sees the end of history and the coming of the New Age, God's reign; God is in control. The Books of Daniel and Revelation are examples."
- Disciplesnow.com

It has been under lots of scrutiny in the past few years due to the Left Behind book series that was written by a very fundamentalist minister who takes the Bible word for word without looking at the context of the history of when it was written and by whom. I have read the books and take them as a fictional account, for no one knows when or how the end of the world will come, only God does, and I'll let him worry about those things. I can only worry about myself and how I handle myself.

Sorry to be ignoring my Blogging duties...I promise to try to be better. :-)

No comments: