Tuesday, December 30, 2003

Only 3....

Went and saw Cheaper By the Dozen with my Mom and Grandma yesterday afternoon. The theater was pretty full, lots of kids. It was fun. For me it drew a little tear. There was a point when one of the kids said "If you weren't around, we'd only be...11!" And for me I can relate. Growing up with four of us, we were always four. Our name always blended when one of did something wrong (or all of us.) Paul, Sarah, Laura, Karen! Or as Paul coined 2 days before he died...the girls were collectively "Slaren."

Today would have been Paul's 33rd birthday. And I miss being 4...now we are only 3. It is all very strange. Sitting around the dining room table and there being an extra place. Yes, I know spouses and boyfriends have filled chairs...but it's not the same. We aren't 4 or 6 as a whole, we are missing a very important component. Only 3....

Happy Birthday Paul

No comments: