Thursday, August 14, 2003

What the !*&%?

The other evening I was eating dinner at home with my hubby. We had the TV on in the background with King of the Hill on (one of our fav. shows). I guess it hit eight and next thing you know there was the American Juniors Show on. They were singing all these songs from the 50's and 60's together. And then, if that wasn't bad enough they sang solos. You know what one of the girls sang?? Open Arms by Journey!! Ew! like an 11 year old girl should be forced to sing that! No one should be forced to sing that except Journey! Imagine an 11 year-old singing this:
Lying beside you
Here in the dark
Feeling your heartbeat
With mine
Softly you whisper
You're so sincere
How could our love
Be so blind

We sailed on together
We drifted apart
And here you are by my side

(Chorus)
So now I come to you
With open arms
Nothing to hide
Believe what I say
So here I am
With open arms
Hoping you'll see
What your love means to me
Open arms

Living without you
Living alone
This empty house seems so cold
Wanting to hold you
Wanting you near
How much I wanted you home

And now that you've come back
Turned night into day
I need you to stay.


I think that is all just a little bit gross!! Am I nuts or something? :-(

No comments: