Saturday, November 10, 2007

One Thing Leads to Another

So it started innocently enough. I have been noticing that my six-year-old comforter was looking pretty shabby. Some of the seams were coming apart and it was faded and spotted. So I decided to get a new one. Along came my birthday and some Tar-gey gift cards and there was an opportunity to get a new one for a little bit of money. So $10 of my dollars later, I have a lovely new comforter set.

I finally got around to putting it on this morning. The bed looks great! And now everthing else looks old and shabby. First there needs to be new curtains - which makes sense since they are the wrong color now and they are more faded than the comforter was. But in the back of my head I am thinking, darn, this furniture looks so dated and I really don't like it any more. With that there's also thoughts of, I wonder what the walls would look like with a fresh coat of paint in the new color scheme I have created?

I think the new comforter has created a monster. And I have learned something today. Once you get something new, it makes your the rest of your shabby things look even shabbier.

Hmmm...the bathroom next to master is also looking bad...paint? New tile? What about a new shower door? No wonder Lowes and Home Depot are so successful!

No comments: