Thursday, November 22, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving



I'm starting to change my take on Thanksgiving. I think this holiday has gotten the short shrift in the holiday season mix. Rather than people enjoying the day for what it is and really thinking about what they should be thankful for, people are putting up their Christmas decorations and thinking first and foremost what they will buying tomorrow morning. In the stores Christmas music has been playing for more than a month and finding something that looks like Autumn or with a turkey is not easy.

So take a moment to sit and really take stock of all the blessings you have in your life. I know I don't do that enough.

So I'm here to say that I have some pretty great things to be thankful for this year:

1. I am relatively healthy.
2. I am gainfully employed with good benefits and the chance to move up.
3. I am happily married to my best friend.
4. I live in a safe neighborhood in a cozy little home.
5. I have a great family - parents, sisters and brother-in-laws, not to mention all the aunts, uncles and cousins around the country.
6. I've got a core of wonderful friends who I can always rely on.
7. I was blessed so much that I was able to go on two vacations this year and see a little more of the world.
8. I'm thankful for my faith that keeps me grounded and helps me see that I should give thanks every day rather than only once a year. I want to strive to get gratitude more into my life.

So Happy Thanksgiving everyone. Take some time and really think about what you are thankful for. I bet it's more than you think.

No comments: