Wednesday, October 15, 2003

Tasty Lunch

I had a pleasant lunch with some colleagues today, from the design desk at the paper. We walked downtown to Shalimar, an Indian restaurant. My new mantra, you don't know if you will like something unless you try it. And I am glad I did!

What was really cool is that there was a buffet so I could try a little bit of this and a little bit of that. I had some vegetable soup (very tasty and smooth), a spinach and cottage cheese mixture that was wonderful (even though I am not a big spinach fan), buttered chicken (YUM!) beef curry (spicy), a turkey dish with a tiny grain that was spicy too (good), and a vegetable thing that was fried (not my favorite). To finish it off was a mango desert, kinda like a thick jello, more creamy and with something crunchy in it (not sure what). The best part was the bread, the naan. It was so warm, and soft and scrumptious! I would have loved to take some with me.

Thanks to Pat Kane of Mr. Doodles Dog's fame for suggesting it. I would def. return. Next time Skippy must come too!

No comments: