Friday, October 31, 2003

Happy All Hallows Eve!

Today is the eve of All Hallows. In the Catholic Church's celebration of All Saints and All Souls Day. When we celebrate and recoginize the Saints of the church and the family and friends who have died. It can be a difficult time for those who have recently lost someone. But it is a time to reflect and remember and it can be good. This weekend I will be thinking especially of my brother Paul.

It's quiet here at work....in the newsroom it's business as usual for the most part, minus the boss being gone and many of the other bosses being out too. In the other parts of the media general campus there are people happily dressed up in various costumes...we are scrooges here in the newsroom, plus its hard to interview people dressed up ya know?

The IT department put on a haunted house. It was pretty scary actually. It was me, Cherie-who's-so-scary and Dave who laughs out loud when he is scared. It started with me in the back and by the end Dave was cowering behind me. I don't think anything got done in that department today.

Went out to lunch with Dave and boyfriend Britt at La Terisita (the restaurant you could feed a family of 4 for $4.) Ok so I exaggerate a little, but not by much. It was hard to come back to work. I just wanted to go outside and play. It is sooo nice here in Florida today. The sun is shining and it is about 80. Perfect ghouling weather.

Not sure what we are doing tonight. Hopefully something fun.

Happy Halloween to all my friends!

No comments: