Thursday, July 15, 2004

Walkin' in Tampa Bay...

Wearing a pedometer for the first time today. I picked up a copy of the Step Diet last week and am reading my way through it. It says to wear the thing for a week and average it to see on the average how much you walk. 10,000 steps is supposed to be in the weight loss range. I know I am no where near that being I am pretty sedentary at work. I looked earlier today and was up to just under 3,000. Not too good. But they said try not continue your normal schedule so not to skew the results. From the average you add 2,000 steps and slowly work your way up. This makes sense to me. The little pedometer doesn't lie. In my head I may believe I walk a lot more..

Am trying to do something more. It is a little bothersome and it rattles slightly...but I have to give it a try.

No comments: