Friday, November 28, 2003

Turkey Day Debriefing

Thanksgiving was a very nice day.

Hubby and I got up at a good time (not because we woke up but because the children in the apartment next door were wrestling (what sounded like that) and making lots of noise.
Had a small breakfast and read the paper and the 10,000 ads. Then exercised to make room for the days bountiful meal later that day.
Went and visited my father-in-law, he was at the jewelry store setting up for the weekends big sale. Got looks at a $50,000+ diamond ring, $50,000+ Burmese ruby and diamond necklace and a similarly priced tanzinite and diamond necklace. Anyone who is thinking about buying something like that for their sweetie for Christmas or Hanukkah let me know.

Then it was back home to pick up the pumpkin pies that my friend Glen made and off to my sister's in-laws for dinner.
There was of course tons of food and you didn't know where to begin. Everything from turkey of course, 2 types of stuffing, mashed potatoes, cranberries, rolls, sweet potatoes, corn pudding-like dish and an onion dish. Then of course there was pumpkin and apple pie. So we were happily full at the end.

Hubby went to visit with his parents and he ended up chowing some over there because so many of his traditional Hungarian treats were there.

Back at the in-laws we played cards and chatted and had a good ole' time. I am happy to report that I actually won a game a cards. They say it's because I was keeping score...

Then back home.

Happy belated turkey day to all. I am off tomorrow to Jacksonville to enjoy some time with my sisters and the rest of the family. And to watch, hopefully, the Bucs beat the Jaguars Sunday night.

Oh, and an update, my mom's brother is doing much better after his heart surgery. There were some close calls but he seems to be improving. Thanks for all your prayers and we ask for continued prayers, he still has ways to go.

No comments: