Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Spring Training in St. Pete

I attended a Tampa Bay Revil Rays spring traininf game on Saturday. It was my employee day at the ballpark so I brought along the hubby, my parents and my Aunt Pat and Uncle Tony who are visiting from Ft. Wayne, Ind.

There could be some newer parks that may be more high-tech and more comfy, but Al Lang Field at Progress Energy Park is a great one. It is intimate, every seat is good, easy to access and the view, as you can see by the photo to the left is spectacular.
I also attended part of a game on Tuesday with my team at work. It is fun to see so many workers from downtown taking a "five-inning lunch." But heck, it's spring training, and playing a little hookie from work isn't that bad. And in the 5th inning, the Rays hit in 6 runs. So it was also extra entertaining.

I may go on Saturday to watch the Rays take on the Red Sox. The only problem with those games is the amount of people rooting for the other team. It is like the Rays are playing out of town rather than a few miles from the stadium they play in the regular season. But the seats are really good, and free. Even if it's only for a few innings, spring training lasts only so long and you have to take advantage of it while you can.

No comments: