Thursday, March 15, 2007

Borat Funny? Notsomuch...


So we watched the Borat movie last night on DVD. I wasn't sure what to expect. I had seen the promos and his schtick on some of the talk shows.
I knew it was be crass, vulgar, and rude. It was disturbing. It showed American's trying to welcome a foreigner and honestly help him understand this country.
He made fun of them, insulted them, broke their things and is getting paid lots of money off of their pain.
OK. The college guys and the old guy at the rodeo should have kept their mouths shut, they were just dumb. I just didn't see the humor. And I felt bad for many of the victims. And oh my, I really didn't need to see Sasha and his side-kick running around naked. And what is it with Sasha showing men's genitals but not his own? I don't get it.
I think that is what I am coming down to with this movie. I just don't get it.
On the bright side, we saw Garden State with Zack Braff. I have to say I really enjoyed it. I was impressed his his first foray into writing and directing. And the music was awesome. It's a little rough, but I liked the depth.
Any suggestions for our movie-to-see list? We are really behind and trying to remember all the movies we've missed is hard. I'll try anything - minus really gross horror flicks. I don't need that at all.

No comments: