Sunday, January 30, 2005

Where's My Sleep, I Seem to Have Lost It!

Ok, it's officially 1:06 a.m. and I can't for the life of me sleep. And it sucks. I don't know how else to put it, it just sucks. I know I have shirked my blogging duties so I thought I would share that I am royally pissed that I can't sleep right now. Because in a few short hours I have to get up and work like every other friggin day. My body is exhausted but my mind won't shut the #(@! up. Pardon the bad symbols.

Argh!

I guess I'll go try the sleep thing again....really it's not overrated like some say, I actually like it, a lot.

I'll try to write more often...I know there's lots of stuff out there to make fun of including this I found from the New York Times earlier this week:

"By the mid-1960s, many obstetricians even believed that alcohol
could halt premature labor. As noted by Golden, now a medical historian at Rutgers University in Camden, N.J., when women arrived at the hospital in premature labor, they were often handed a vodka and orange juice or given alcohol intravenously."

Man, women these days are missing out. They were officially allowed to get drunk in the hospital back then. Imagine your doctor asking, "would you like that screwdriver on the rocks or straight up? Just a little thought, and at 1:14 a.m., you start to think about things like that in a different light than at normal people hours. (Ok, Laura, I know this is still early for you, but for me, this is LATE. And no Laura, I'm not an old fart!)

Night, I hope...


No comments: