Thursday, June 21, 2007

Harry Potter Mania


So the other night I finished my re-reading of all the Harry Potter books. It is amazing how much I had forgotten. And you would think it would be the first ones that I had forgotten the most. But it wasn't. It was the year 4-6 that I was just amazed how much I missed the first time through. I think it was that I wanted to know so badly how they ended that I glanced over many parts. And now that year 7 - Deathly Hallows is what, 29 days, away (I didn't know that number off the top of my head, I had to head to MuggleNet, a premier Harry Potter fan site to look at the clocks at the top ticking off time till the movie and the book release) I had to come into the final book with a clear understanding of the many plot lines. It's not just about who dies at the end, but why so many things happened. But I feel like I have to give up reading the Internet for the next month. I don't want to read about people posting hacked endings to the book. I don't want someone else to tell me how it ends. I want to find out. So I think I will have to carefully tread through the Internet, a slowly open certain parts of the paper to make sure I don't find out.

I know it's a children's series, but it's solid reading that's a lot of fun. And I am here to admit that at the moment I am caught up in the hype. I'm ready to see Order of the Phoenix (in Imax of course!) and shortly after, to buy my copy of Harry Potter first thing in the morning so I can take it work and read it at lunchtime. People may laugh...but I don't care. I'm ready!

No comments: