Thursday, May 24, 2007

A Quiet Week

My hubby took a trip out west to visit his friend Mike in Vegas. Well, there was also the side trip to Reno and Lake Tahoe, which to his surprise was all of 30 degrees one morning forcing him to buy an over-priced sweatshirt.

I had all these plans this week to do while he is away. But with work kicking my butt as it is, I've been exhausted and very happy to watch a movie, read a book and get to bed early.

But it's lonely. There have been days this week when I really needed a hug, a neck rub to get the tension out and just someone there to listen. I am actually looking forward to his return. Not only because I don't love cleaning the cat's litter box, or that I miss the coffee he makes every morning or his nagging me in the morning to get out of bed (not so much the last one :-) or the presence of him somewhere in the house and I just know he's there. Wow - that got sappy real quick. But it's how I'm feeling.

Saturday night I'll be a happier woman.

No comments: