Saturday, May 12, 2007

Rest in Peace Peps


I never had the chance to meet my grandfathers. Both were gone before I was born. But I have been blessed to know many other peoples grandfathers and today a great one passed away. Peps had a quick wit, a biting sense of humor, love for the Red Sox (I didn't hold it against him), and a greater love for his family. Earlier this week he told his daughter-in-law his gift for his wife on Mother's Day would be him being home with her. He knew his time was short. And shortly after four this afternoon, he went home to his beloved wife and God. Peps, I am so blessed to have known you. And I am blessed to have been there when you left your earthly family. God Speed. Here's a prayer I offer for you.
Eternal rest grant unto him, O Lord. And let perpetual light shine upon him. May he rest in peace. Amen.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for being with us and being such a good friend. Pep looked forward to seeing you also.