Friday, September 29, 2006

For Everything there is a Season

For everything there is a season, and a time for every purpose under heaven: a time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up that which is planted; a time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up; a time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance; a time to cast
away stones, and a time to gather stones together; a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing; a time to seek, and a time to lose; a time to keep, and a time to cast away; a time to tear, and a time to sew; a time to keep silence, and a time to speak; a time to love, and a time to hate; a time for war, and a time for peace.
He has made everything beautiful in its time. He has also set eternity in their hearts, yet so that man can't find out the work that God has done from the beginning even to the end.
This is one of my favorite passages from the bible. I've been thinking more and
more about it lately. There are so many things happening in my life right now and I do see the purpose, sometimes. And sometimes I can't see far enough to let myself see it, I'm stuck in the why. I know there is a time to die, my Grandmother is coming towards the end of her life. I know that it is her time, she's lived a great life. But understanding this and knowing I probably will never see her alive again is painful. She's been such a part of my families lives. And my brothers death, it was his time according to God, but in my heart I can't understand it nor excepted it.
This coming week is my husband and I our time to heal. He moved away last year for a time, and our trip out west is a reconfirmation of our relationship. It's the honeymoon we never had.
So with every season, it's Fall now, and the seasons of our lives we experience changes. So for a change I'm going on vacation, across the country.
Peace.

No comments: