Monday, September 11, 2006

Contemplating my Navel

My Mom used to say that, when you would ask her what she was thinking about or if she asked you what you were thinking about "contemplating my/your navel" would pop up. And that's where I'm at today. Contemplating my navel...well, not really, more like contemplating my life.

Things are on the upswing. I have a nice job with upward movement possibilities. I'm going on not one but TWO nice trips in less than five months (Vegas and my first cruise), my husband is around a lot more often and we agree we are ready to put our house in order (yes, I know it's been more than 2 years) and we have a new computer, a front yard I'm pleased with, a brand-spanking new digital camera (photos to come soon) and great family and some awesome friends. I should say I am blessed abundantly.

But when contemplating your navel the negatives always do surface. Such as weight issues, skyrocketing insurance, one car sans air conditioning, I miss my brother and that I'm almost 32 and am still not a Mom.

And today I contemplate the sadness of the loss our country endured 5 years ago and the anxiety that it could happen again as I ready to board a plane tomorrow evening.

So I continue to contemplate my navel and give thanks for all that I do have and consider what I need to do to right the others and I pray for our nation and those directly affected by the 9/11 tragedies.

No comments: