Thursday, August 12, 2004

Oye...Charley!

Ok, it's hurricane all the time here now. TV has gone to continuous coverage and I think Saturday's paper will be all hurricane coverage for all and that's all. I don't think we are even running stock pages.

The hard part is that the paper is right next to a river and there is a good chance it will be evacuated. They shift operations to hotel ballrooms at the University of South Florida. I won't be there. I have been asked to take a mental health day and stay home since I don't have a laptop and we aren't sure what I could do. Although I am on call technically. I don't think it is going to be very therapeutic though, being at home when a possible category 3 hurricane, that's a storm with 114+ sustained winds. That's incredible. Tomorrow night may be a scary one. I don't know when, we know it will, the power will go out at home or for how long. Please pray for the state of Florida. We are going to need it.


2 comments:

Watson "America's Favorite Cat" said...

Good luck Sarah with the hurricane. I will do some cat prayers for you.

Anonymous said...

I think Watson had some powerful cat prayers ... wonder if he'll pray that his literary agent, the Daily Dave, gets a kinder and savvier phb.
Joe the Cat