Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Giving Thanks

I have been thinking on Thanksgiving more these days. And it's not just because I love cranberry's and pie (and believe me, I do!), but because I'm finally really understanding it. And I think it's an overlooked holiday. It's gotten sandwiched between an over-commercialized Halloween and Christmas. And all most are focusing on is a big dinner.

It's called THANKS giving not Turkey Day. I am seeing more and more that I have much to be thankful for. I have more than many in this world ever will. I own a home, I've found true love, I have a challenging but fun job with people I enjoy spending time with, a great family, I can see, walk, and even jog for short distances, I have friends, faith and food in my fridge. Man, I am blessed. It's time I start acting that way more often. Thankful of all that I do have instead of griping about what I think I should have. I think many Americans have lost their way in this regard. And I'm sorry it took me so long to get this Thanksgiving stuff.

Do you get it?

No comments: