Sunday, March 05, 2006

Spring Has Sprung In Florida -- Aachoo!




So it's only the first week of March. I know the official beginning of spring is a little bit away, but here in Central Florida it'll full-on Spring. The weather is in the mid-70's, blue skies are overhead and EVERYTHING is blooming here. From the azaleas (which I wish I could have growing in my yard, but I know I don't have the right conditions), to the pollen hanging off the oak trees, to the impatience, Indian hawthorn shrubs to the snapdragons and amarylus. It's a lovely time to be outside. That is if you aren't bothered by the pollen. Down my street there are many oak trees so the streets are littered with the orange pollen and you can feel it in the back of your throat. But I guess it's the price to pay for living in paradise.

No comments: