Wednesday, August 31, 2005

What More is there to Say?

Sarah Says was taking a mini vacation. Trying to decide if this was a venture that I wanted to continue. I find myself coming home NOT wanting to get on a computer after spending more than 8 hours daily sitting in front of one, often working intensively. So I find myself just not even coming in the room where the computer sits.

I found myself wanting to comment on things in the past 2 weeks. Thinking about what I would say, the pictures I might include. But that was usually just as I sat in the car on the way home from work.

Then Hurricane Katrina hit. Even though I don't work in the news business anymore I find that I am still a news junky. Although I don't have time to read the wires at work I do read the paper and then come home, settle in and watch the horror unfolding in front of my eyes on the television. I'm numb to be honest. Kind of like after Sept. 11. The vast amounts of human suffering along the Gulf Coast is unfathomable. Yes New Orleans is important but those people just to the east, in Mississippi and Alabama that haven't shared in the spot light. Where entire towns have been wiped away. My heart is so sad. But I have decided to keep writing. For now at least. For now this is what I need to do.

1 comment:

Dave said...

Never stop expressing yourself!