Wednesday, April 20, 2005

Why Do They Need Nipples?


Is this necessary? Posted by Hello

So I was shopping this evening and I noticed in JcPenny that all the women mannequins had nipples. Why I'm not sure. Was it really cold in the store or is it just that mannequin manufactures need to throw more sex into the mix because sex sells? As if the overwhelming majority of clothing wasn't sexy enough, you have to sell it this way? I don't know why this bothered me so much today...maybe I'm a little older or maybe my morality has caught up with me. Either way, is there any place it's safe to go without being assaulted with sexual images such as this?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've seen scarier sights at work.
How about you?

Anonymous said...

and from the mouth of a 4 year old boy at the mall "LOOK, MOM, she has BOOBS!!!" when pointing to a mannequin. These sex objects seem to work with young and old alike. It is unnecessary

Anonymous said...

They are just hooters -- aka boobs, boulders, name tag supporters.

They are just part of the overall anatomy. Personally, I'd like to know when they'll design male mannequins with well defined testies --- now THAT would get MY interest.