Saturday, February 19, 2005

52 Years and Counting

Today hubby took some watch links out for an older woman. Her husband and her were so wonderful. Not only were they happy that someone took the time to do something like that for them but as a couple they were awesome. He said they had been married 52 years and counting and that it's not like today where people get married and then stopped just because it got a little uncomfortable. she said in their time when you got married it meant you were in it for the long haul and that you knew you would have to work through things.

He also gave hubby some good advice, you know she's the one in charge, I learned that a long time ago. :-)

Just wanted to share my little story. It made me feel good to know there are people out there sticking it out together and who are still giggly and lovey-dovey. I hope one day that's me and my hubby.

No comments: