Friday, April 08, 2011

Create Something - But What?


For a long time I have felt deep within that I should be creating something. But I never knew what. Like there was a story somewhere deep inside waiting for me to find it and free it.

I still feel that way and I still don't know what that story is or how to get it out.

One of my earliest creative memories was from elementary school. I wrote a short story and illustrated it. I believe it was about Halloween, it had a black construction paper cover. I know I did well and it was ready to a larger group at school.

I bring this up because this I seem to find ways to do assignments (school or work) but when it comes to my personal writing I'll start something and then find out it's not what I thought and toss it to the side. And then something else will come up and I'll do the same.

How do I get my stories out? I don't even know where to start. Do I just keep writing hoping one of them will be the one? I honestly don't know how to move forward.

Anyone else have this feeling/problem? How do I create when I don't know what I'm supposed to be creating?

No comments: