Friday, January 09, 2009

Holy Moly

I've been working on a speech for a project at church off and on all week. I just sent it. I don't know how many times I have sat there with the arrow on the SEND button in the Outlook e-mail program and agonized about actually hitting it. This is one of the biggest writing projects I have been involved in and the most personal. I just want the team I am working with to like it. And that it has the impact we have set out to get. I have paced, drank espresso, and read it out loud again and again. I hit the button and it's gone so I can't take it back. But I have butterflies. Big ones. This is a proving ground for me. Holy moly.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Take a deep breath.

You should be very proud to have the courage to share such an important project with others.

No matter what anyone else says, be proud that you wrote from such a personal perspective. Not many can. You've always been a good writer. Have no fear. I'm sure it's GREAT!