Wednesday, June 07, 2006

I Am Starting to Get It...Kinda



So I've decided that I wanted to upgrade what I'm wearing to work. To make it more apparent that I'm serious about my job and succeeding. I mean I didn't really feel before that clothes made a difference in the world of business. Man, I sure know I was wrong. When I put on a jacket, button it up and walk out the door I have noticed there's a different swagger in my step. I feel more confident. I'm hoping that will shine through to more areas of my job. I know it sounds very superficial this whole thing, but I'm finally starting to get the whole dress for success mantra. And heck, it's kinda fun - it's like a treasure hunt. How to dress for success on a serious budget but get some kicken' new clothes. I'm still talking about my $11 blazer that was $65 and by $100+ shoes for $30. Now I just gotta work in the haido. And if I could only figure what the heck Business Casual is....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Business casual is kryptonite to a carrer - unless your the boss. Then it's code for "let's hang with the little man."